Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 22:14:19 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: SIMD SHA-crypt, etc.

On 2015-02-24 07:34, Solar Designer wrote:
> BTW, are the icc-compiled sse-intrinsics-{32,64}.S files abandoned?
> No commits to them since May 2014, and I think they're incompatible with
> the rest of the tree now (they lack SHA-2).  I guess autoconf does not
> use them anyway?  I guess the recent changes broke the Makefile.legacy
> target that would use them?  What is the plan here?

SHA2 is indeed in there. We should update them but I just tried a build
--with-icc-asm on Super and it seems to work like a champ (well it
doesn't emit build warnings and it passes all self-tests). Raw MD4 and
MD5 are significantly faster while Raw SHA1 is slower although this was
an OMP build running one thread. SHA2 is slower (it's not interleaved -
icc's superior speeds are from interleaving better).

magnum