Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 09:27:06 -0600
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: scrypt

> I am also puzzled by:
>
> -#ifdef __SSE2__
> +#if defined (__SSE2__) || defined (_MSC_VER)
>
> (part of the same commit).  Doesn't MSVC define __SSE2__ when appropriate?
And is it appropriate for us to assume SSE2 whenever we build with MSVC?  No
one would ever want a new Windows build running on anything older than a
Pentium 4?  Perhaps this is so, but then wouldn't it be more appropriate to
enable the proper compiler flags?

No it does not define __SSE2__    I will look at that overall.  We do define
__SSE2__ for VC for autoconf build, which btw, has to be done by hand, lol.

At the current time, I am probably the only one able to build with VC.  It
really is not supported.  I have it working well enough that I can use the
VC GUI to do debugging.  I would never run under VC as of today.