Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 20:30:42 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: descrypt speed

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 7:51 PM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> How many candidate passwords does this correspond to?  Also, is this
> single kernel call applied to all loaded salts at once (already in GPU
> memory)?  Sorry I don't recall this detail.

It corresponds to 131072 keys. Every kernel calls caters to only one salt.
Although the salts are already in the GPU memory.

This version of descrypt may not include all the optimizations I made
during the GSoC period, which are in a separate branch bleeding-mask.
Although the bleeding-mask branch is currently a year behind, its version
of descrypt-opencl has a lot more optimizations than this one. And as far
as I can recall, it also worked without mask mode.

Regards,
Sayantan

Content of type "text/html" skipped