Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 21:15:50 +0400
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <lyosha@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Johnny GUI current state

Hi Shinnok,

On Fri, Oct 03, 2014 at 04:27:48PM +0400, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 03, 2014 at 02:02:39PM +0300, Shinnok wrote:
> > Long time since I've been posting here or got in touch with either Solar or
> > Aleksey, so I want to say Hi first.
> > What's the current development state and future for the Johnny GUI. Has it
> > been getting any love, planning or requests lately? I've skimmed the list a
> > bit but I don't see much. Has there been any GSoC'ers assigned to it lately?
>
> I am responsible for Johnny now. I spent 1 month on it during gsoc
> 2012 and I should finish it. Though I did not touch it for a long
> time (2 years?! oh... my bad).
>
> http://openwall.info/wiki/john/johnny
>
> I released version 1.1. I cleaned out unimplemented stubs. Also I
> reworked "Options" page/tab. Only core john is supported.

Johnny is far behind bash auto-completions made by Frank Dittrich. He
was my mentor during the gsoc.

Work together would be a lot of fun. Would you like to try? Propose a
list of features for the next release and mark features that you'd
like to try to implement yourself, please!

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov