Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 23:33:31 -0400
From:  <jfoug@....net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: How to test S/KEY format?

$ ../run/john -test -format=skey
Benchmarking: skey, S/Key [MD4/MD5/SHA1/RMD160 32/32]... DONE
Raw:    36755 c/s real, 36530 c/s virtual

I will get this into jumbo.  I wrote SKEY_jtr_plug.c and put all the skey code into there.  That file is only 136 lines long, including handling all 4 types, and with comments ;)  The SKEY was very trivial code.

My code is FAR from optimal, but it works :)  It took about an hour or 2, once I got the algorithm trimmed down, and a MD5 example done and working.  Then hooking it into what SKEY_fmt.c expected was trivial.   I will also be renaming the SKEY_fmt.c into SKEY_fmt_plug.c since now there is no requirement for -lskey to be there.  IF the library IS found, john will link against it, and SKEY_jtr_plug.c will compile to a 0 byte .o file.  But if that lib is not there, then SKEY_jtr_plug.c will do the work that -lskey was doing.

It should be in bleeding jumbo within the hour.

Jim.