Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 11:45:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: deepika <anamikaspace@...oo.com>
To: "john-dev@...ts.openwall.com" <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject:  Re: Oracle Bitslice DES

Hi,

I am working on oracle DES bitslicing. Since I have to use CBC encryption mode here, what should be the right strategy of doing it? In this statement in oracle_fmt_plug.c, memcpy((char *)cur_salt + salt_length, &cur_key[i][0], key_length[i]); salt is being appended with key. Here keys can have different lengths. So for n cur_salt's, should I find out the maximum length L and make other n-1 cur_salt's equal to L by appending 0's or if something else need to be done?

I doubt if doing as above will be right, as I read that DES_ncbc_encrypt() zero pads the last block of input to make the total length of input multiple of 8. Lengths of  n cur_salt's should be thus some multiple of 8 rather than equal to some L. For doing bitslicing
 I need all inputs to be of same length, which ofcourse won't happen here. How to tackle this issue?