Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 22:25:01 -0800 (PST)
From: deepika <anamikaspace@...oo.com>
To: "john-dev@...ts.openwall.com" <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: General question: Motivation to contribute

Wow!! so many answers. I appreciate you guys.  I just like the kind of commitment you all have for this project. And that's the reason why JTR is the topmost password cracker :)

Keep Going!!
Deepika

On 2014-01-31 21:02, magnum wrote:
> I love this project for the close-to-the-metal programming with tight
> inner loops and optimizations - quite the opposite of the oh so common
> high-level OO languages where you are guaranteed, by design, to lose
> track of what actually happens inside the CPU, or why.

I forgot to mention that IMO it is an honor to be mentored by Alexander
Peslyak. Not that he ever asked to be my mentor, and not that he is
mentoring me nearly as much as I would like him to, but still. That guy
can tell by heart if a pipeline will do the job or not, or a cache will
fit or not, just by looking at high level code - and more often than not
he will be right about it. Now that I think about it, this was probably
the primary reason I got stuck here years ago while I was initially
experimenting with pretty much unrelated stuff.

magnum
Content of type "text/html" skipped