Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 04:13:07 -0800 (PST)
From: deepika <anamikaspace@...oo.com>
To: "john-dev@...ts.openwall.com" <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: General question: Motivation to contribute

Hi all,

My name is Deepika and I have contributed to JTR by bitslicing MSCHAPv2 format and I am ready to work on bitslicing other formats too. I learned SIMD programming using SSE2/XMM instruction sets while working here. Since I am an employed person, I am not very active here, though I read the john-dev and john-users list almost daily. I would like to keep volunteering for JTR.

I just wanted to know in what ways I can make my contribution to JTR's development beneficial to me? Other than aiding to my knowledge and experience, what other benefits can I get from it? Maybe someone can tell about his/her personal experience. My sole purpose of asking this question is to keep myself motivated to work here and is not meant to offend anyone.

Regards,
Deepika
Content of type "text/html" skipped