Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 17:59:01 +0100
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: DEBUG support JTR

On 01/08/2014 05:08 PM, Muhammad Junaid Muzammil wrote:
> I am in favour of adding debug support to build script. Do give me a signal
> to add if you people agree.

I think before adding even more build targets, we need to somewhat
cleanup and unify the Makefile.

E.g., define CLFAGS_COMKON that are common for debug and non-debug
builds, then separate flags for DEBUG and non-DEBUG builds.
This is further complicated by different flags needed for gcc and clang,
sometimes even depending on compiler version.

Also, many of the ../run/* targets use their own flags.
Sometimes there is a reason for that, sometimes probably not.

If you add a new debug target, it should not be advertised, i.e., add a
line to the default target, but turn it into a comment.
(Bash completion should still show the newly added target.)

Frank