Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 13:21:57 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ZedBoard: bcrypt

Katja,

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 11:11:53PM +0200, Katja Malvoni wrote:
> Only 14 cores fit, performance is 311 c/s (100 MHz clock).
> These are utilization numbers:
> Register: 19%
> LUT: 91%
> Slice: 98%
> RAMB36E1: 11%
> RAMB18E1: 5%
> DSP48E1: 6%
> BUFG: 3%

Ouch.  There ought to be ways to greatly reduce LUT (and slice) usage
per core.  For now, though, I suggest that you focus on higher-level
optimizations as I mentioned in my previous reply (to your later update).

In the utilization numbers above, do Blowfish's P-boxes count towards
"Register: 19%"?

Thanks,

Alexander