Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 23:39:13 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: "john-dev@...ts.openwall.com" <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Linux-X32 support for DES_BS_ASM

Solar,

After warming up with Win64 I thought I'd have another go at enabling
DES_BS_ASM for Linux-X32. Contrary to Win64, X32 is exactly like AMD64
except pointers and longs are 32-bit. The NT assembler works fine as-is,
my problem is DES.

I was hoping to get away with concentrating on these:

/* Sun's assembler can't multiply, but at least it can add... */
#define nptr(n)				n+n+n+n+n+n+n+n
#define nvec(n)				n+n+n+n+n+n+n+n+n+n+n+n+n+n+n+n

I'm thinking if these are solely used for pointers and vectors
respectively, only the first should be changed and this could work:

#ifdef __ILP32__
#define nptr(n)				n+n+n+n
#else
#define nptr(n)				n+n+n+n+n+n+n+n
#endif
#define nvec(n)				n+n+n+n+n+n+n+n+n+n+n+n+n+n+n+n

...but I have tried that before (and other variants) to no avail. Are
you able to give a quick hint?

Perhaps a few constants need a change, such as in this line:

	subq $nvec(0x300+48),k_ptr

magnum