Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 19:18:32 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ZedBoard / Parallella: bcrypt

On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 04:36:29PM +0200, Katja Malvoni wrote:
> I think I know what happened - I forgot to create /dev/xdevcfg after system
> was power-cycled. I apologize for inconvenience.

I don't see why having forgotten to mknod /dev/xdevcfg would lock up the
system.  When you "cat > /dev/xdevcfg" and that device file does not
exist yet, you happen to create a regular file in its place.  This
should be harmless.  (This file, just like the device file, disappears
when the system is rebooted because it has /dev on tmpfs.)

Alexander