Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 00:44:35 +0100
From: Dániel Bali <balijanosdaniel@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Daniel's weekly report #15

So I finally had the time to test patching in JtR today, but I then the
application froze on the first try.
Interestingly the system didn't have to be restarted, like earlier, when
the GPU died.
After that however, john couldn't run any tests on any format (for
non-OpenCL formats as well).

I'll do some more testing from tomorrow.

Daniel

2013/9/24 Dániel Bali <balijanosdaniel@...il.com>

> Achievements:
>
> 0. Created a numbered release of gcnasm and uploaded it to the wiki
>   - Updated the readme on GitHub
>   - Added a link to the GitHub repo
> 1. I was working on the CRC32 format.
>   - The OpenCL implementation computes the correct CRC32 values
>   - There is still a bug where the results are compared.
> 2. I wrote a short list of steps that might be needed to run GCN code
> inside JtR
>   - This is on the top of the wiki page now
>
> http://openwall.info/wiki/john/development/GCN-ISA?&#How-to-add-GCN-code-to-JtR
>
> Sorry for still not finishing CRC32 :(
> As soon as I find all the bugs I will verify the list of steps that I
> wrote.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel

Content of type "text/html" skipped