Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 23:04:07 +0200
From: Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ZedBoard / Parallella: bcrypt

Hello,

With true dual port BRAM used to store Sbox, performance is 25.6 c/s with
100 MHz clock.
With 150 MHz clock, performance is 50.4 c/s but some timing constraints
aren't met and parallella-bcrypt format doesn't work. However, I tried
connecting bcrypt IP to 200 MHz clock and performance is again 50.4 c/s and
timing constraints aren't met. This time parallella-bcrypt format works. My
guess is that tool did clock conversion to known working value or something
like this because otherwise performance numbers don't make sense.

This is performance with 2 cycle latency inferred block RAM. My next step
is to use 1 cycle latency BRAM (non-registered outputs) and do more
optimizations.

Katja

Content of type "text/html" skipped