Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 01:06:52 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ZedBoard / Parallella: bcrypt

Katja,

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 10:10:14PM +0200, Katja Malvoni wrote:
> There seems to be one more bug in current FPGA implementation. I tried
> running self test and now zed system is locked up. Couple of days ago
> replacing bitstream locked up the system. I don't know what is causing the
> problem but since it happened twice, it can't be an accident.

The system was not fully locked up this time.  Although my first attempt
to SSH in resulted in no response shortly _after_ logging in (the shell
prompt did not appear) and my first attempt to use the serial console
resulted in no response either, both started working a minute later.
I did not reboot.  The uptime is still 2 days.

In dmesg, there are lots of instances of:

Switching to clocksource jiffies
Switching to clocksource xttcpss_timer1
Switching to clocksource jiffies
Switching to clocksource xttcpss_timer1

... and more of these keep appearing now.  This might or might not be
relevant.

Alexander