Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 08:19:35 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: GTX TITAN (was: new dev box wishes)

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 06:06:32AM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> However, as I was afraid, its double-precision performance is currently
> locked, which per some forum comments is unlock-able to full via
> nvidia-settings (need to add this GPU to xorg.conf first for that).

Apparently, unlocking full speed double-precision is supposed to reduce
the clock rate by about 100 MHz (and possibly all the way down to 725 MHz
under heavy load), so it has performance impact for loads that don't use
double-precision.  This means that we might have to flip this setting
back and forth for different uses - if we do get some use for this card
in our dev box that will benefit from double-precision.

Alexander