Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 18:42:50 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ZedBoard / Parallella: bcrypt

Katja,

On Sat, Sep 07, 2013 at 11:47:49AM +0200, Katja Malvoni wrote:
> bitstream generation takes 20 minutes.

BTW, you might be able to speed this up a little bit by enabling
multi-threading for some of the synthesis tools (I think this works for
Map and for Place & Route).  I did that by enabling the "-mt" options
via the GUI on my ISE 13.1 in 2011, and it did provide some speedup.
This may affect the synthesis results slightly, which I guess is why
they don't (or at least did not by 2011) enable multi-threading by
default.  Here are some URLs I bookmarked at the time:

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Implementation/Multithreading-map-and-par-in-ISE-11-2-for-Windows/td-p/43054
http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/ISE-doesnt-support-dual-core/td-p/130222

Alexander