Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 13:09:21 -0400
From: Yaniv Sapir <yaniv@...pteva.com>
To: john-dev <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Parallella: Litecoin mining

Rafael,

Can you please post the C source and according ASM result of the 2 types of
loops you question about (just the relevant lines, not a the whole
programs). Please add the command line options you use to build it.

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <
lord.rafa@...il.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 2013/9/6 Yaniv Sapir <yaniv@...pteva.com>
>
>> There is now way to do that, since the instruction op-codes are either
>> 32-bit or 16-bit wide, and you have to leave a few bits for the code
>> itself...
>>

> Thank you for your answer, now this looks really clear. Maybe you can tell
> me why there is no way to use the registers sequentially in a loop. I
> checked a couple of disassembled codes and all times that there is a
> sequential access to an array using a loop, the generated code has a lot of
> load and store instructions but the unrolled version only uses registers. I
> only feel curious about this.
>

> BTW I have run test and finally it's finds a share but unfortunately there
> something wrong because it was rejected, at least there wasn't a segfault.
> Rejected 00000000 Diff 0/63 EPI 0  (target-miss)
>
> Regards,
> Rafa.

Yaniv Sapir
Adapteva Inc.
1666 Massachusetts Ave, Suite 14
Lexington, MA 02420
Phone: (781)-328-0513 (x104)
Email: yaniv@...pteva.com
Web: www.adapteva.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain information
that is confidential and proprietary to Adapteva, and Adapteva hereby
designates the information in this e-mail as confidential. The information
is
 intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you
are
copying,
distribution or use of any of the information contained in this
transmission is
strictly prohibited and that you should immediately destroy this e-mail and
its
contents and notify Adapteva.