Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 07:58:38 -0400
From: Yaniv Sapir <yaniv@...pteva.com>
To: john-dev <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Parallella: Litecoin mining

Alexander is right, and you can see examples of how the compiler switches
modes using objdump. Usually if you compile w/o -mfp-mode option - when
mixing integer and real statements, you should find places where the
compiler emitted "CONFIG" programming sequences involving setting GIE and
GID.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 12:53 AM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> Hi Rafael,
>
> On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 04:54:55AM +0100, Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas
> wrote:
> > BTW I was debugging with e-gdb and I found that even If I use the imadd
> > instruction the bynary image uses fmadd,
>
> This is normal.  They are one and the same instruction, so the
> disassembler has no way to know which is meant - and it shows fmadd.
>
> > There any way to use integer math?
>
> You should, of course, switch the FPU to integer mode.  This is done by
> flipping a bit in the CONFIG register.  I think e-gcc emits the
> necessary instructions in init() if you build with "-mfp-mode=int",
> which you should.
>
> Alexander

Yaniv Sapir
Adapteva Inc.
1666 Massachusetts Ave, Suite 14
Lexington, MA 02420
Phone: (781)-328-0513 (x104)
Email: yaniv@...pteva.com
Web: www.adapteva.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain information
that is confidential and proprietary to Adapteva, and Adapteva hereby
designates the information in this e-mail as confidential. The information
is
 intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you
are
copying,
distribution or use of any of the information contained in this
transmission is
strictly prohibited and that you should immediately destroy this e-mail and
its
contents and notify Adapteva.