Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 14:01:28 +0200
From: Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Sylvain Munaut <246tnt@...il.com>
Subject: Re: FPGA reprogramming on ZedBoard / Parallella board

Hi Alexander, Sylvain

I tried generating bitstream with HDMI support, it fails with these errors:
ERROR:PhysDesignRules:1385 - Issue with pin connections and/or
configuration on

block:<system_stub/system_i/axi_iic_0/axi_iic_0/X_IIC/FILTER_I/SCL_DEBOUNCE/M
   shreg_Noisy_d2>:<LUT_OR_MEM6>.  For RAMMODE programming set with DPRAM32
or
   SPRAM32 or SRL16 the DI2 input pin must be connected.
ERROR:PhysDesignRules:1385 - Issue with pin connections and/or
configuration on

block:<system_stub/system_i/axi_iic_0/axi_iic_0/X_IIC/FILTER_I/SDA_DEBOUNCE/M
   shreg_Noisy_d2>:<LUT_OR_MEM6>.  For RAMMODE programming set with DPRAM32
or
   SPRAM32 or SRL16 the DI2 input pin must be connected.
ERROR:Bitgen:25 - DRC detected 2 errors and 58 warnings.  Please see the
   previously displayed individual error or warning messages for more
details.

I was hoping that HDMI is the only thing not supported with
http://www.adapteva.com/white-papers/parallella-platform-reference-design/

There are only two pins for axi_iic:
NET iic_scl         LOC = AA18 | IOSTANDARD="LVCMOS25";
NET iic_sda         LOC = Y16  | IOSTANDARD="LVCMOS25";
and these aren't ones mentioned in the error.
I don't know how to solve this and I lost internet access - there was a
thunderstorm and lighting struck my house, router is one of the things
which don't work.

I implemented bcrypt's most costly loop in verilog (not tested) and I have
implementation of S box transfer (at the moment without DMA, just using
mmap and memcpy) from CPU to block RAM (I'm still not sure how to implement
communication from PL to CPU). I need to modify verilog implementation
depending on PS/PL communication. And unfortunately, only way I can test
communication is by executing it. I see two possibilities which could
result with us being able to replace bitstream - one is replacing boot
image with Sylvain's files and another one (if HDMI really is the only not
supported peripheral) is generating bitstream with HDMI support.

Katja

Content of type "text/html" skipped