Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 01:33:12 +0100
From: Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <lord.rafa@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Rafael's weekly report #10

Hello Katja, Alexander,

2013/8/21 Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com>

> Are you looking at elf file with e-size? In my case it's bigger than
> *.srec file that actually gets loaded on core. My suggestion is that you
> take look at *.srec file contents (
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SREC_%28file_format%29) and see what
> locations in local memory are used.
> For bcrypt with e-size I get:
>    text          data        bss        dec          hex    filename
>   13114       6496        304      19914       4dca
> parallella_e_bcrypt.elf
>
> When I examine parallella_e_bcrypt,srec, addresses up to 0x37F0 in local
> memory are used. After that shared buffer is initialized to zero (from
> address 0x8F000000).

As you say using the command srec_info I got:

Format: Motorola S-Record
Header: "epiphany-scrypt.srec"
Execution Start Address: 00000000
Data:   00000000 - 00000003
        00000028 - 00000087
        00000090 - 00001599
        0000159C - 000015B3
        000015B8 - 0000167F
        8E000000 - 8E000695
        8F000000 - 8F00057F

It means the core memory is used only up to the address 0000167F. That
means that I have around 27KB free. I guess that I can run TMTO 5 now or at
least I'm close.

Thank you Katja for your help it was really useful.

Regards,
Rafael.

Content of type "text/html" skipped