Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 00:32:23 +0200
From: Dániel Bali <balijanosdaniel@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Dani'ls weekly report #9

I will post my daily reports here for week #9.

Accomplishments since my last report:
1. Rebuilt the ISA for blowfish with AMD Kernel analyzer (turns out there
was an error last time)
2. Tried to use the ISA for kernel initialization

The initialization failed. No matter which parts I used it always resulted
in garbage output. Here is the newly generated blowfish ISA, which looks
correct this time. It's too big to attach (1.2 mb).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16881651/bf_kernel.isa

What I will try to do tomorrow is generating the ISA very small/simple
kernels and see the differences in the initialization process. The key
questions are:

- Where is the data for each parameter loaded from?
- Is there a way to know where the data will be stored?
- How do we access constant values?
- Where do we have to write the end results?

There is no way to write any custom ISA without knowing this.

Regards,
Daniel

Content of type "text/html" skipped