Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 06:45:22 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: bcrypt

Katja,

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 06:37:01AM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 06:19:08AM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> > Another thing I noticed is that you're not yet using LDRD to preload P's
> > (instead, you preload the elements one by one).  I think you should.
>
> You may need to adjust the alignment of P for that, to make P[1] rather
> than P[0] quadword aligned.

Actually, not.  You need to renumber the registers.  Right now, you put
P[0] into r54 and P[1] into r4 - but you should instead be using two
consecutive registers for this, like r4 and r5 - and so on, and ditto
for the second P array.  Overall, you'll replace the 36 LDR's with 18
LDRD's.

Renumbering of registers like this will be easier to do once you're
using cpp macros for them.

Alexander