Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 00:14:33 +0100
From: Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <lord.rafa@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: cryptocurrency mining fallback in JtR

Hello Lukas,

2013/7/24 Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 04:57:56AM +0100, Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas
> wrote:
> > As I told in my last mail, those changes were made in the repo
> > https://github.com/LordRafa/cgminer on branch 2.10
>
> There is one bad thing there, your patch has invalid indentation.
> You use should use tabs instead of spaces, and/or configure your
> editor to do so.
> Please fix it, because now it looks terrible:
>
>                 root = api_add_int(root, "ID", &(cgpu->device_id), false);
>       root = api_add_int(root, "CL Platform ID",
> &(cgpu->cl_platform_id), false);
>       root = api_add_int(root, "CL Device ID", &(cgpu->cl_device_id),
> false);
>                 root = api_add_string(root, "Driver", cgpu->api->dname,
> false);

Wops I forget about fix the indentation on this file I will do that ASAP.

> On the other hand why can't we just take gpu id from current api and
> map it to gpu/platform id?
> Sorry if this was discussed here earlier, I did not follow all threads
> precisely.
>
> Lukas

The GPU ID is a serial identification, It is get from cl_device_id and
cl_platform_id, JtR does something similar but I think that to identify the
GPU it's better use something that is provided by OpenCL because the form
that you get the GPU ID can be changed in future releases.

Content of type "text/html" skipped