Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 04:11:31 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: cryptocurrency mining fallback in JtR

Rafael, Jeremi, Lukas -

Thank you for starting to quote inline.  A further improvement could be
to attribute your quotes, like your MUA probably does for you - just let
it do that. ;-)

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 04:57:56AM +0100, Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas wrote:
> I have written a draft here:
> http://openwall.info/wiki/john/cgminer_integration

Thanks.  Can you please add proper wiki formatting to this page, and
also include its content (without wiki formatting) as doc/CGMINER in
your JtR tree?

Jeremi - would you help test Rafael's JtR/cgminer integration?

> Acturally yes, the first thing that I tried to do was add to the Makefile
>
> ../run/cgminer: ../run/john
>         cd cgminer; ./configure; make;.....
>
> But the configure scrypt didn't work. Maybe there are a problem with the
> make env variables.

In addition to the info request (in the other message):

You don't have to make ../run/cgminer depend on ../run/john - instead,
you can simply add ../run/cgminer to the end of PROJ.

As you're probably aware, it is better to separate these commands with
"&&" rather than ";" - e.g., it'd be pointless to run "./configure" if
"cd cgminer" has failed.

> OK now there 3 options:
> APIPort -> Port used by JtR to connect with an existing CGMiner API.
> AfterEnd -> Used to tell JtR if must to start a new CGMiner instance or not
> (only starts a new one if there are none running)
> AfterEndOptions -> Used to set the new CGMiner instance parameters.

This is OK for now.

> > We need to review those changes and then likely propose them upstream.
> > (For that, we also need to forward-port them to the latest cgminer.)
>
> As I told in my last mail, those changes were made in the repo
> https://github.com/LordRafa/cgminer on branch 2.10

Lukas - can you take a look, please?

> 2013/7/20 Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>

Rafael - as you can see, your MUA did quote the entire message for you,
and all you needed to do was to edit this portion removing the pieces
you did not want to quote (the ones not directly relevant to your reply)
and insert your replies inbetween the quoted pieces.  What you actually
did instead was apparently to copy-paste the individual quoted pieces
higher into your new message. %-)

Thanks,

Alexander