Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 11:14:40 +0200
From: Nicolas RUFF <nicolas.ruff@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Getting more from DYNAMIC

	Hello list,

Unless I am mistaken, DYNAMIC is currently limited by design to the use
of MD5 and SHA1 algorithms.

Is there any plan to separate the hash description language (e.g.
convert to upper case, add salt, and the like) from the actual hashing
algorithm used?

I also feel that DYNAMIC description language is lacking a 'FOR' or
'ITER' operator. Copy/pasting is fine ... up to a certain amount of
iterations. Did anyone considered a formal grammar for DYNAMIC language?

PS. BlackBerry Enterprise Server 10 does not use anymore the old
reversible algorithm for storing passwords:
http://www.hsc.fr/ressources/outils/blueberry/download/BlueBerry.java

Now it makes 100 iterations of SHA-512 algorithm applied to (username +
salt). Such an algorithm looks pretty hard to implement using the
current state of DYNAMIC language. Hence my questions :)

Regards,
- Nicolas RUFF