Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 23:16:01 +0100
From: Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <lord.rafa@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Rafael's weekly report #5

Well, I was thinking about it and maybe if we want to reach ASAP this
target, we can adapt the opencl implementation to work with parallella (the
main problem will be the memory in each core) and also we can use the CPU
to raise the mining power (there an ARM litecoin implementation).

Otherwise I'll need to implement from scratch a Parallela driver for
cgminer.

About the first two point I'm working on it and I will have finished it by
Monday.

2013/7/20 Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>

> Rafael,
>
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 11:32:51PM +0100, Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas
> wrote:
> > Accomplishments:
> > 1. Finish the integration between JtR and cgminer.
> >
> >  Priorities:
> > 1. Debug errors.
> > 2. Make documentation
>
> This is right.  Also, improve your code quality.  What I see so far is
> too dirty, although I understand that it's hard to write good code when
> we have plenty of dirty code in jumbo already.
>
> > 3. Start parallella.port
>
> Have you started looking into that already?
>
> As I mentioned recently, I now think we should do Litecoin mining on
> Parallella in cgminer codebase, separately from JtR (at least
> initially).  We promised Litecoin mining to the Parallella community,
> but we did not promise it to be part of JtR, and I think they're not
> very interested in it being part of JtR (although we may consider this
> later).  We may nevertheless use this mailing list, as I expect that
> some of what we'd be discussing would also be relevant to Katja's
> project, and vice versa.  I hope this project won't take too long, and
> we'd have time left for some JtR tasks before the end of summer as well.
>
> Alexander

Content of type "text/html" skipped