Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 19:14:27 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: bcrypt

Katja -

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 06:38:51PM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> I've attached my patch/hack implementing the 64-bit computation and
> comparison.

Here's a more elaborate patch (you may interdiff it against the previous
one).  This corrects one declaration I forgot to update before:

-                       BF_word output[6];
+                       BF_word output[2];

and it experiments with much manual unrolling, and explicit inlining of
functions that are used only once.  There's very little difference in
terms of c/s rate, though.

Alexander

View attachment "john-parallella-bcrypt-unroll.diff" of type "text/plain" (6418 bytes)