Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 00:05:01 +0100
From: Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <lord.rafa@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: cryptocurrency mining fallback in JtR

Hello,

I have pushed the changes to my github repo. Now is working on linux.

In order to build the project, cgminer and dtach, I made a bash script
called build.sh. To compile you need to provide the correct architecture as
parameter.

This are the new options in the config file:

MinerAfterEnd -> launchs a cgminer instance at the end of JtR if there are
not a cgminer instance running.
MinerPoolURL -> pool url.
MinerPoolUSR -> pool user.
MinerPoolPWD -> pool password.
MinerPlatform -> cgminer platform to use.
MinerAPIPort -> port to check where the CGminer instance (if there are any)
is listening.

If any cgminer instance is found JtR will stop the gpus used by JtR and
after it finish it will start to mining again.

I'm having problems with dtach. When I do this:

         char *envp[] = {"TERM=xterm", NULL};
         char *argv[] = {"./cgminer",
            "-o", miner_pool_url,
            "-u", miner_pool_usr,
            "-p", miner_pool_pwd,
            "--api-port", miner_api_port,
            "--api-listen", "--api-allow", "W:127.0.0.1/24",
            miner_platform,
            NULL
         };
         execve("./cgminer", argv, envp);

cgminer works perfectly but when I try to do this:

         char *envp[] = {"TERM=xterm", NULL};
         char *argv[] = {"./dtach", "-c", "/tmp/cgminer",
            "./cgminer",
            "-o", miner_pool_url,
            "-u", miner_pool_usr,
            "-p", miner_pool_pwd,
            "--api-port", miner_api_port,
            "--api-listen", "--api-allow", "W:127.0.0.1/24",
            miner_platform,
            NULL
         };
         execve("./dtach", argv, envp);

cgminer says that there no devices to use.

regards,
Rafa

2013/7/14 Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>

> 2013/7/14 Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <lord.rafa@...il.com>:
> > I can't access to bull but I promise that this time I was running cgminer
> > less that five minutes each test and I use the platform 1 (ATI) as Solar
> > requested me. I need the access to commit the changes that I made today.
>
> ssh: connect to host bull.openwall.net port 5667: Connection refused
> Maybe it is a network problem again, you will have to wait and try
> again after some time.
>
> Meanwhile it would be nice if you could make some documentation,
> please add a new page about this project on our wiki:
> http://openwall.info/wiki/john
>
> As an example you might take a look at:
> http://openwall.info/wiki/john/FPGA
>
> You could put there stuff like (example):
> -what changes were done to make it work (in general)
> -design decisions with justification
> -describe how to use mining with jtr including environment setup
> -sample configuration/run
> -links to revelant posts on john-dev
> -link to your github repository
>
> Or anything you think is revelant.
>
> Obviously task has a lower priority than coding, but please try to
> update wiki sort of regularly.
>
> Lukas

Content of type "text/html" skipped