Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 18:13:43 +0200
From: marcus.desto <marcus.desto@...pl>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Probably another BUG in pbkdf2_hmac_sha1_unsplit_kernel.cl

Hello volks,

I am affraid there might be one more bug (pbkdf2_hmac_sha1_unsplit_kernel.cl).

Using pyopencl in python I tried an arbitary password with length of 50 and calling the ocl kernel failed, it crashed.
I tried a passwd with length 49 - failed.

A password with length 48 worked well. Since I am testing the ocl kernel, for passwd sizes <49 it works great!

Maybe someone of you runs a test (salt size=32, password sizes 49 and 48) on pbkdf2_hmac_sha1_unsplit_kernel.cl using c/c++ .

Maybe there is a restriction in the python opencl api pyopencl.

Regards
Marcus