Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 00:31:25 +0200
From: marcus.desto <marcus.desto@...pl>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: BUG in pbkdf2_hmac_sha1_unsplit_kernel.cl

Hi magnum,

Dnia 11 lipca 2013 23:36 magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> napisaƂ(a):

> I was just now going to comment that the sample python code you posted does not include running the OpenCL kernel.

yes, because you asked me to post my python implementation of pbkdf2-hmac-sha1 first. You said, we will try to build the opencl version of it.

How ever.

> Please supply example code that exposes the problem.

Of course. Please refer to the attachment.

> I looked again at the kernel and there is no reason it would limit at 23. It should support salt lengths up to and including 51 bytes.
>
> magnum

I understand. I was wondering, too.

Marcus
Download attachment "ocl_pbkdf_bug.tar.gz" of type "application/x-gzip" (4846 bytes)