Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 02:06:06 -0400
From: Yaniv Sapir <yaniv@...pteva.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: bcrypt

Katja,

As for the "while()" method - note that you are polling the core_done[0]
> signal. There is no guarantee that by the time core #0 is done, all the
> other cores are done too, which can explain why you see garbage results.

Even worse - I just noticed that you "poll" on an uninitialized data!
core_done[0] contains garbage the first time you go into the while() test.
Thus it never really reads the result buffer. You should assign 0's to the
core_done[] array before going into the while() loop.

Note that the reason you have garbage there, as opposed to the device side
structure, is that in the host side you declared "result" as an automatic,
local variable - which is not initialized.

Yaniv Sapir
Adapteva Inc.
1666 Massachusetts Ave, Suite 14
Lexington, MA 02420
Phone: (781)-328-0513 (x104)
Email: yaniv@...pteva.com
Web: www.adapteva.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain information
that is confidential and proprietary to Adapteva, and Adapteva hereby
designates the information in this e-mail as confidential. The information
is
 intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you
are
copying,
distribution or use of any of the information contained in this
transmission is
strictly prohibited and that you should immediately destroy this e-mail and
its
contents and notify Adapteva.