Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 23:10:10 +0200
From: Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: bcrypt

Hi Yaniv,

I changed one thing in the code I sent in previous emails and now it works.
I did something you recommended not to do - I used e_write and after it I
used e_load_group(). Now both minimal and full code work. But I put it
after e_writes to local memory. If I put e_load after writing to shared
dram than it doesn't work. On the other hand, if it's before e_wirtes to
core's local memory than data in local memory isn't correct for some of the
cores. I got it working in one more way. If I start cores using e_start()
after e_write() (attached code) than it also works.
Can this happen because e_write() to core's local memory stalls, cores are
started before data is ready and write to shared memory happened before
write to local memory (although this doesn't explain how I get wrong data
which is similar to correct data - something is written but not what I send
from host, and it shouldn't be old data since e_reset_system is performed
before writing anything)? And how are e_write() calls executed? Always in
same order as invoked in code or there is difference between e_write() to
shared memory and e_write() to core's local memory?

Output.txt has output for minimal code, first one is what I get when
executing code from minimal.zip, second one is what I get when putting
e_load_group() after e_write() used to write hash to core's local memory.

At the moment I'm not even thinking about performance, I just want to make
it work when executed in a loop and the only approach that works with only
one call to Epiphany doesn't work when there are multiple calls.

Katja

Content of type "text/html" skipped

View attachment "output.txt" of type "text/plain" (3705 bytes)

Download attachment "full_working.zip" of type "application/zip" (14567 bytes)