Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 21:05:29 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: scrypt

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 08:37:25PM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> So I went ahead and implemented cleaner and better (but still far from
> perfect) scrypt support for John the Ripper.

I forgot to mention that it's faster than Rafael's due to preserving and
reusing of memory allocation(s) across scrypt computations.  My escrypt,
which I had shared with Rafael, readily had this functionality - it only
needed to be made use of in the format.

And indeed there's OpenMP support, which somehow was missing in Rafael's
format.

> I've attached patch against the core tree.

I've now attached a newer revision of it.  The only changes since the
revision I posted some minutes ago are to escrypt/crypto_scrypt-sse.c
(more complete removal of the experimental defeat_tmto feature, which we
don't need in JtR yet) and escrypt/Makefile.

Alexander

View attachment "john-1.8.0.1-scrypt-2.diff" of type "text/plain" (76149 bytes)