Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 22:45:56 +0200
From: Jan Starke <jan.starke@...ofbed.org>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Regular Expression mode for JtR

Hi,

I'm currently fiddling around with some kind of a "regular expression mode"
for JtR. But as I am new to JtR development I am not sure of the correct
way of implementing such a new mode.

The mode depends on the rexgen library, which is available on
http://code.google.com/p/rexgen

Attached you find my first attempt, which seems to be working. The cool
features such as resume or fork are not implemented yet, but I will do this
as far as I'm on the correct way. Could you please spend some minutes to
have a look at my code and highlight mistakes of mine.

Unfortunately, I had to change some JtR code to make it compilable with a
c++ compiler (formats.h), because I knew no other way of solving the issue
("private" is a c++ keyword). Maybe you find some other drawbacks in my
code and hopefully better alternatives :-)

Kind regards, Jan

Content of type "text/html" skipped

Download attachment "john-1.8.0-regex.patch" of type "application/octet-stream" (8619 bytes)