Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 16:49:54 +0200
From: Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Katja's weekly report #2

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 04:52:17PM +0200, Katja Malvoni wrote:
> > Accomplishments:
> > 1. Try different command line options when compiling and measure
> performance
>
> OK.
>
> > 2. Project timeline defined
>
> Where is it?

Well, If I got it right, we agreed that I first finish implementing bcrypt
on Epiphany and than continue with implementation on FPGA starting with
Zynq and than with some other bigger FPGA.
Bcrypt on Epiphany will take about one week of work (maximally 10 days) and
after that I start with FPGAs.

> > Priorities:
> > 1. Figure out why is current implementation slow
> > 2. Implementing bcrypt on all Epiphany cores
>
> Can you swap these two priorities - that is, proceed with #2 even if not
> successful with #1 yet?  Given that Epiphany is primarily a many-core
> arch, I think it's more essential to use all cores than to use one core
> optimally - although ultimately both goals need to be reached.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alexander

I did that already. It's running on all cores now. At the moment, all cores
use the same key and setting, I'm currently working on writing key and
setting from host into each core so that each core can run with different
key and setting.

Katja

Content of type "text/html" skipped