Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 14:56:44 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: new dev box wishes (was: Contest)

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 01:48:58PM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> Here's a question: do we want the Titan at stock clocks or one of those
> vendor-overclocked models (can be up to 10% faster)?  In other words, do
> we want our benchmark results to represent stock Titan, or do we want
> better speeds (and we'd have to mention the weird clock rates each time
> we publish benchmarks obtained on our Titan)?  Unfortunately, I am not
> aware of an existing tool to adjust clock rates on NVIDIA cards from
> Linux (such tools exist for Windows), so we'd be stuck at vendor's.

Specifically:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/graphics/display/zotac-geforce-gtx-titan-amp-edition-6gb-sli.html#sect0

Stock clocks:
837 MHz base, 876 MHz boost, 6008 MHz memory
Vendor o/c:
902 MHz base, 954 MHz boost, 6608 MHz memory

For comparison, GTX 780 stock clocks:
863 MHz base, 900 MHz boost, 6008 MHz memory

So stock Titan has lower clocks than stock GTX 780, but vendor o/c Titan
has higher clocks than stock GTX 780.

Alexander