Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 03:34:37 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: md5crypt-opencl

Lukas,

Now that we're no longer offering this as a qualification task to
prospective GSoC students, if you have time can you please go ahead and
optimize your md5crypt-opencl code yourself? :-)  IIRC, you said you had
a code revision achieving 2.6M c/s on 7970, which is way below hashcat's
but by far not as embarrassing as what our currently committed
md5crypt-opencl achieves on that card.  You also said it was not
reliable enough to be committed - so perhaps debug it, make it work
reliably, then commit?  Or alternatively start from scratch (as there
are several possible approaches to try) and achieve better performance.

Thanks,

Alexander