Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 16:32:25 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: sha3-opencl

2013/6/6 Dániel Bali <balijanosdaniel@...il.com>:
> daniel@...l:~/bleeding-jumbo/JohnTheRipper/src$ ../run/john -test
> --format=raw-keccak256-opencl
> Device 0: GeForce GTX 570
> Local worksize (LWS) 128, global worksize (GWS) 524288
> Benchmarking: raw-keccak256-opencl, Raw Keccak256 [OpenCL (inefficient,
> development use only)]... DONE
> Raw:    27525K c/s real, 27525K c/s virtual

Since it works I am ok with that speed.
Just for curiosity, what speed do you get on 7970 ( add -platform=1)
Please also post a link to this code on your github fork so other will
be able to make comments.
I saw your latest code, but I would like to comment current code.

> *** glibc detected *** ../run/john: double free or corruption (!prev):
> 0x0000000003a18f80 ***
>
> Where could this error originate from? Possibly when OpenCL object are
> released? I'll start debugging it now.

This can help:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2902064/how-to-track-down-a-double-free-or-corruption-error-in-c-with-gdb

Lukas