Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 19:52:17 +0200 From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com Subject: Re: 1.8 jumbo1 (steps needed) On 4 Jun, 2013, at 14:27 , "jfoug" <jfoug@....net> wrote: > Are we going to target pushing unstable out first? If so, what needs to be done, beyond rebasing it on the 1.8? Unstable is to be released as 1.7.9-jumbo-8 (mostly for reference, it could be a pretty silent release) - or not released at all. It will definitely not be rebased. IMO we can release it as-is now (I'd just update CHANGES-jumbo.git with the last few changes). Personally I'm done testing it but I'll try to help with any issues found. > I think magnum has kept both unstable and bleeding very close to core, so this rebase may be trivial. But with an official 1.8 out, I believe the community needs to get 1.8 working in a jumbo manner ASAP. Since we are not exactly in a known-bugfree state anyway, I'd be happy to wait until your upcoming dynamic changes are in. Then it needs some systematical testing but I am not aware of any bugs that block a release. Issues I know about are here: https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/issues magnum
Powered by blists - more mailing lists
Confused about mailing lists and their use? Read about mailing lists on Wikipedia and check out these guidelines on proper formatting of your messages.