Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 02:50:27 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: X32 build, anyone?

On 22 May, 2013, at 3:10 , magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
> We might need a new build target, or maybe some existing targets will do fine... Perhaps just minor #ifdef or sizeof() tweaks to x86-64.h, if any.

A build target is now in place in bleeding-jumbo. The enclosed patch adds one to core CVS tree. Solar, please consider adding this for 1.8.

It builds without a warning, but first I had to change the definiton of ARCH_WORD in x86-64.h to "long long" instead of just "long". Could that somehow be a problem? I think http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/x32 says we could test for X32 using the macro __ILP32__ but I can't see any reason to not always use long long.

For actual test results, I'll be back.

magnum

Download attachment "0001-Add-a-linux-X32-native-make-target-for-X32-ABI-.-For.patch" of type "application/octet-stream" (1850 bytes)