Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 20:11:53 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: magnum, pull recent fixes from core and regenerate .chr files, please

On 22 May, 2013, at 19:45 , magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 May, 2013, at 17:39 , Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com> wrote:
>> Solar Designer has pushed new fixes for incremental mode into public
>> cvs. Please, pull them and regenerate .chr files.
>>
>> We'll use jumbo bleeding during the contest, right?
>
> Right away. When is the contest starting?

Done! Am I right it starts at May 23, 05:00Z? That is, five in the morning if you live in the UK?

I might ditch it from the repo again later, but right now there is also a new Jumbo-only "Alnum-case" incremental mode, that is upper+lower case alnum and also includes the space character.

NOTE most modes still have a MaxLen=8 in john.conf but it can be overridden using -max-len=N where N is up to 24 (although except for the UTF8 mode, it's only trained with 16).

magnum