Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 14:46:17 +0200
From: Dániel Bali <balijanosdaniel@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: AMD GCN ISA development

Hello!

2013/5/21 Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>

> Also you can't just modify the text section unless it has the exact same
> size as before. If the size is different you also need to update the symtab
> section.

Oh, I thought objcopy would take care of this. This is why I wanted to
avoid simply hex-editing the elf, because I didn't know what headers and
tables I would need to modify.

> All the necessary details are in the attached pdf.

Thanks for this!

> Since AMD elf objects are elf within elf , you might also need to modify
> the inner elf.

Yes, I extracted the inner elf and that's what I'm trying to patch
currently.

> You can also check my AMD-IL page if you need an example for libelf.

I will, thanks! I'll look into it this evening and give an update once I
managed to patch the elfs (elves?).

Regards,
Daniel

Content of type "text/html" skipped