Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 11:12:16 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: missing parentheses in dynamic_fmt.c

I am 90% sure this will simply require the full buffer to be swapped if on a
BE system, between the raw md5 and the next call of md5.  It is data written
raw, which would be in LE format (for md5), and thus on the next MD5 that BE
system will swap it.  We need to take that original buffer, put it into BE
format by swapping, so the next run of MD5 will swap it again, and it will
be in proper format.

But yes, this problem with the raw hash is expected (but not wanted), since
this is the first time used, and it was not tested up to this point.

Jim.

From: magnum Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 6:52
>On 16 May, 2013, at 13:04 , Jeremi Gosney <epixoip@...dshell.nl> wrote:

>>> Committed, thank you. Does it pass a "-t=0 -form=dynamic" on BE after
this fix?

>>> magnum
>>
>> All formats except dynamic_1300 pass their self-tests, which IIRC is a
known issue.
>Thanks. Dynamic_1300 was fixed in 19992ec, 4 days ago but Jim probably
hasn't tried it on BE yet. I'll create an issue on GitHub.
>Oh, I see now it doesn't work with a -generic build on x86 either. So it's
not an endian problem.