Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 08:26:58 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: AMD GCN ISA development

Hello,

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 2:46 AM, Dániel Bali <balijanosdaniel@...il.com>wrote:

> Is this a problem for us? The inner ELF binary that was generated on the
> HD 7970 contains 10 sections too.

Yes, the new drivers won't recognize the old format binaries and it fails
to compile.

Will we have to write our own GCN assembler? It would be a fun project, but
> surely someone worked on something similar before? The discussion I linke
> started in January and I didn't find anything besides that, by the way.
> Could we ask realhet for (some part of) the source he made for HetPas?

In the same discussion you mentioned before , Realhet posted a part of his
GCN assembler but says he can't(doesn't want to) put the whole thing
because it is a part of his script engine.
http://devgurus.amd.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/1287838-3440/gcn_asm_parts.zip
<http://devgurus.amd.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/1287838-3440/gcn_asm_parts.zip>
But we might try building our own assembler.

Regards,
Sayantan

Content of type "text/html" skipped