Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 20:56:00 +0400
From: Alexander Cherepanov <cherepan@...me.ru>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Unused global symbols in core

> ---- Alexander Cherepanov<cherepan@...me.ru>  wrote:
>> There are unused global symbols in JtR. Here is the analysis for the core:
[skip]

On 2013-05-11 20:29, jfoug@....net wrote:
 > Patch 3 is the wrong way to go about this 'issue'.  We should find
 > out where there are local defined items, and instead use the global.
 > It 'should' be global, and not a static.

Sorry, I don't get it. What do you mean?

As I understand it, itoa64 is supposed to be used for encoding to base64
but JtR for now only decodes from base64 and never encodes to. It
probably will in the future when source is more widely used formats
(with hashes encoded in base64). OTOH, this is not mime base64 so its
use is limited.

--
Alexander Cherepanov