Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 16:24:53 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: recent change to trip_fmt

On 7 May, 2013, at 16:09 , <jfoug@....net> wrote:
> Why did this 'revert' to deprecated static format structure usages, away from the 'self' pointer passed in?  Am I missing something here?  The 'self' code was already there, and working.  It almost looks like an older version of the format structure crept in there.  Is this a git caused problem?

I reverted to core code simply because it *is* core code - combined with the fact our changes were 100.0% no-op. This avoids future merge problems. I did similar things to other files, like whitespace differences in doc/OPTIONS. I will thank myself a lot in near future when Solar updates that file...

magnum