Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 02:33:34 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: password generation on GPU

Sayantan, Myrice -

On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 03:55:24AM +0530, Sayantan Datta wrote:
> I can see that the new md5_kernel is using a different format interface
> necessary for password generation on GPU. Is this interface final(or close
> to being final ) ?

Yes, in the sense that further changes that I can currently think of
will build upon it (they will be evolutionary enhancements to that
interface).

These same formats interface changes that were originally introduced to
unblock Myrice's work last summer are now committed to both core and
bleeding.  The interface is documented in comments in formats.h, in core
and bleeding.

Alexander