Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 10:24:58 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: AMD GCN ISA development

Hi Daniel,Solar,

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 1:35 AM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> > I also checked out HetPas:
> > http://realhet.wordpress.com/2012/11/14/hello-world/

The download link on that page seems to be broken. If you have downloaded
it, can you post another link(maybe dropbox or mediafire) to the file here?

> > I was able to run AMD IL code with it, but it gives me a BSOD when I try
> > run the GCN_OpenCL_HelloWorld example. Maybe this is because my GPU is a
> > Radeon HD 7670M, but it is supposed to have the "Souther Islands" (=GCN)
> > architecture too. Did anybody manage to get this work for GCN ISA?

7670M is re-branded 6670M which is probably VIEW5.

We did not experiment with this tool, in part because it's for Windows
> and because it's closed-source, and in part because we did not seriously
> approach the task yet.  I guess Sayantan can test it on his 7970 under
> Windows 7 x64, which he has just mentioned he has.

Yes, I could do that.

Regards,
Sayantan

Content of type "text/html" skipped