Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 02:17:39 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: 64-bit Windows targets (was: GPU support under Windows)

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 02:04:11AM +0530, Sayantan Datta wrote:
> I compiled the win32-cygwin-x86-sse2 with -fopenmp flag set. It had one
> error at the end but all the executables were produced.
[...]
> Sayantan@...antan-PC ~/JtR2/run
> $ ./john -te -fo=bf
> Benchmarking: OpenBSD Blowfish (x32) [32/32 X2]... (4xOMP) DONE
> Raw:    2845 c/s real, 930 c/s virtual
>
> This is far worse than linux. On alinux system I can get around 3400 c/s.

Perhaps your build for Linux is 64-bit (which gives 16 registers)?

This reminds me: we need to add win64-* make targets.  Last time we
discussed this, it sounded like we'd have to use other than Cygwin for
them, and make use of some of JimF's changes in jumbo to use Windows
native APIs in more places (the core tree mostly uses Cygwin's Unix-ish
wrapper functions instead).  Is this still the case?

Alexander